Canon Announces The World’s Smallest DSLR – The EOS-SL1
It looks to just be a mini T5i although I’ve read that it has a new 18 megapixel sensor. Not sure what this new sensor is all about or if it’s the one that’s going to be in the 70D or the 7Dmkii. That might be cool if that is the case.
I’m not really sure why you wouldn’t need a super small DSLR because once you put any sort of decent lens on there it’s automatically big again. Since you’re camera can only be as small as your lens. Maybe it could be cool with Canon’s 40mm pancake lens.
My favorite thing about this little camera is the price.
Here it is on Amazon: Canon EOS Rebel SL1 18.0 MP
I was considering getting a smaller mirrorless camera because of the size and compactness. But if this is as small as they say it is, it might be a better and more practical option.
Summary of the Canon EOS SL1 Specs
- 18.0MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor 3.0″
- Clear View II Touchscreen LCD
- ISO 100-12800, Expandable to 25600
- Full HD 1080 Video with Continuous AF
- 4.0 fps Continuous Shooting
- 9-Point AF System
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- Compact and Lightweight; Weighs 0.8 lb
- Compatible with Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
|**This website contains affiliate links. If you want to support this site, we will earn a small commission on any purchase made through these links.|