Alik Griffin allows the usage of his images in two ways:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
UNDER THESE CONDITIONS:
- Attribution: Credit to Alik Griffin and https://alikgriffin.com must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- Blog Post describing a trip to Japan
- Online article discussing photography, tech or gear.
- An individual use of an image as a desktop background or screensaver.
LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
“Commercial Use” regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is Not based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not the financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of these images is allowed only if expressly granted by Alik Griffin. All commercial uses will incur a licensing free. Fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 year, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online) interior page (online), etc
All licensing inquires should be sent to: [email protected]
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about architecture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home